Confirmation Documents of Third Country Citizens

If you are a citizen of a third country, (outside the EU), you can be informed on the required confirmatory documents that you must bring to the Bank for the verification of your details from the “Have you introduced yourself? If not... Do it now” form.

Additionally, you must bring the following:

  • If you reside in Greece, your residence permit.
  • If you have a certificate from the (electronic) submission of granting or renewal request of a residence permit, you must bring a declaration signed by the competent Authority confirming the non-issuance of a relevant rejection decision with respect to your application for legal residence in the country.
  • If your permanent residence is abroad, your entry visa, if applicable. If you do not have a Greek Tax Registration Number, and you do not pay taxes in Greece, you must bring a “tax residence certificate”.
  • If you are unable to bring a valid passport, by invoking temporary or permanent objective inability, you must bring a special residence permit.
  • If you are an asylum seeker, you can bring a valid Applicant of International Protection Paper.
  • If you have a recognized refugee status, since you do not have a valid passport, your identity can be verified by the Special ID card for foreign fugitives, or by the Residence Permit of applicants for International Protection / special recognized refugee residence permit. 

The documentation you bring to the Bank must be translated in Greek or in English by an official organization such as: a) Embassy, b) The Register of Certified Translators (you can access the Register from the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the following link Register of Certified Translators - Register of Certified Translators ( or c) attorney-at-law (Provided that his/her responsibilities include the translation of foreign-language documents into Greek only, provided that the translations made by him/her are accompanied by the translated document, which is accompanied by a dated and signed attestation from the competent lawyer that the translation concerns the same document, but without the need for an attestation of the authenticity of his/her signature.).


Do you need more information?

We are here to answer your questions.

Contact me