If you are a citizen of a third country, (outside the EU), you can be informed on the required confirmatory documents that you must bring to the Bank for the verification of your details from the “Have you introduced yourself? If not... Do it now” form.
Additionally, you must bring the following:
- If you reside in Greece, your residence permit. If you have a certificate on supporting documents submission for the issuance or renewal of a residence permit, you must bring a declaration signed by the competent Authority confirming the non-issuance of a relevant rejection decision with respect to your application for legal residence in the country.
- If your permanent residence is abroad, your entry visa, if applicable. If you do not have a Greek Tax Registration Number, and you do not pay taxes in Greece, you must bring a “tax residence certificate”.
- If you are unable to bring a valid passport, by invoking objective inability, you must bring a special residence permit.
- If you are an asylum seeker, you can certify your residence address by bringing a valid Applicant of International Protection Paper.
- If you have a recognized refugee status, since you do not have a valid passport, your identity can be verified by the Special ID card for foreign fugitives, or by the special recognized refugee residence permit or by the travel document for citizens with a recognized refugee status.
The documentation you bring to the Bank must be translated in Greek or in English by an official organization such as: a) Embassy, b) Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Translation service) or c) attorney-at-law (Provided that his/her responsibilities include the translation of foreign-language documents into Greek only, provided that the translations made by him/her are accompanied by the translated document, which is accompanied by a dated and signed attestation from the competent lawyer that the translation concerns the same document, but without the need for an attestation of the authenticity of his/her signature.).