Here at NBG we participate in the new "My home" program, for granting low-interest or interest-free loans to young people or young couples with the purpose of acquiring a first home, with the participation of the Public Employment Service (DYPA) in the financing of the loans (Law 5006/2022, Government Gazette 239/A/22.12.2022 and Joint Ministerial Decision 189/2023, Government Gazette 1180/B/2023).
"My home" enables you to acquire your own home with co-financing of up to 90% of its value and on preferential terms, as long as you are between 25 and 39 years old and meet the conditions of the program as specifically provided for in the Law and the relevant JMD.
Specifically, you can get:
- Loan amount up to 90% of the value of the property based on a purchase contract with a maximum of €150,000
- 75% interest-free financing from DYPA and a favourable interest rate for the remaining 25% of the capital
- Repayment period ≤30 years
- Zero interest rate (100% subsidized by DYPA) for the entire loan for families with three or more children
- Exemption from the obligation to pay the charge under Law 128/75 (0.12%)
Additional benefits-privileges NBG offers you:
- Preferential interest rate (reduced by 2 points from the current one) and zero costs for the EXPRESS personal loan and/or Estia - Renovation Repair loan, to cover the increased costs associated with acquiring a first home.
- Option to issue a Silver, Gold or Black Mastercard credit card instantly for the principal beneficiary of the loan, subject to a limit of €1,500 without any further documentation.
- Free provision of insurance coverage of the contents for the 1st year with every new house insurance, for customers that also enter into the group Life Insurance Policy for Mortgage Borrowers.
- Double the Go For More points (provided you're an NBG cardholder and enrolled in the reward program), for each timely repayment of the monthly instalment.
- 10% discount on bedroom items, in IKEA stores and at the Bedroom category of the IKEA e-shop. The discount is provided in the form of an electronic code which you’ll receive via e-mail or Viber/SMS within 15 days of the disbursement of your loan. Below you can find more information.
- 10% discount, exclusively for you, on small and large home appliances, TVs and sound systems, in Public & Public + Home and public.gr. physical stores. The discount is provided in the form of an electronic code which you’ll receive via e-mail or Viber/SMS within 15 days of the disbursement of your loan. Below you can find more information.