For the legalization of the representatives of general and limited partnerships, the documents hereinbelow are required:
1. An official copy of the published original deed of incorporation and of the published amendments thereof (if such amendments exist) bearing the registration seal with GEMI, as well as a certificate of registration of the company and its branches with GEMI.
2. A recent General GEMI Certificate regarding registrations/amendments filed with the Companies Register. The submission of this certificate is necessary if the Articles of Association provide for automatic extension of the term of the company following its termination or after three years have passed since the previous such certificate was submitted to the local Branch of the Bank.
If the company was established prior to the implementation of Law 4072/2012, a certificate issued by the Court of First Instance regarding the original Articles of Association and the amendments thereof should be provided.
3. For pharmacies or wholesale pharmaceutical companies, under Presidential Decree 64/2018 all forms of companies [with the type each time applicable] apart from Sociétés Anonymes are allowed, while under Laws 5607/1932, 1963/1991 and 3918/2011 for Co-located Pharmacies, with the respective professional licenses, the establishment of a company -- necessarily in the form of a general partnership -- by notarial deed is required, while the Articles of Association must be in line with Pharmaceutical Law.
4. In the event that on execution of the incorporation deed a partner is represented by a proxy, a certified copy of the said proxy should be provided.
5. In the event of a partner’s death, provided that the company’s Articles of Association provide for the company’s continuation with the participation of the deceased partner's heirs, all of the heirs' legalization documents along with the company's incorporation deed stipulating the company’s continuation with the participation of the deceased partner's heirs (or the legal representatives of under-age heirs) should be provided.
6. When legal entities (companies etc.) are involved as partners, duly certified copies of all legalization documents of the said entities and of their representatives should be submitted, along with a true excerpt or a true copy of the minutes of their competent body on the participation in the specific company and the appointment of a representative for signing the company's Articles of Association or the relevant amendments thereof (which shall include the names of the Directors present and of the Directors absent, though invited), duly signed by the appropriate officers, as per the company's Articles of Association. Also, a certified copy of the Articles of Association of the legal entity participating should be supplied, so that it can be verified that its Articles of Association provide for its participation in the company.
In the case of the said companies, whose shareholder is a legal entity, it is necessary to supply also a recent declaration of the company's legal representative stating the individual(s) that is/are beneficial owner(s) of the company shares, i.e. the individual(s) that actually own the company or control it by possessing or controlling, directly or indirectly, a sufficient percentage of company shares or voting rights or other ownership rights, including, inter alia, through non-registered shares or control through other means.
In addition, in the event that the legal entity/partner is a listed company, it is necessary to supply a recent declaration stating the relation between the companies and the Stock Exchange where such stocks are traded.
Note: An individual holding more than 25% of the company’s share capital or ownership rights is considered to have direct control of the company.
A company holding more than 25% of the company’s share capital or ownership rights is considered to have indirect control of the company if the former is controlled by an individual or individuals or more companies controlled by the same individual(s).
Note: As regards foreign legal entities, the documents provided should include the trade name of the foreign legal entity and the details of the individuals/beneficial owners in Latin characters.
A document evidencing the group structure shall be provided in the event that the company belongs to a group of companies.
NOTE: Certificates issued in countries that are not signatories to the Hague Convention should bear authentication of the signature of the foreign issuing body by the Greek consular offices of the respective countries or the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
As regards individuals who are involved with the company and act as (a) legal representatives, (b) principal partners, (c) other partners holding 25% or more, and (d) beneficial owners, the following documents are further required to certify and verify their identity:
1. Copy of Greek or another EU National ID card or valid passport and
2. Original or copy of a utility bill to verify the home address.
In addition, the legal representative should further provide:
1. A document issued through TaxisNet to certify a tax ID number in Greece or document evidencing country of taxation issued by the competent local tax authority, if a TIN in Greece is not available.
2. Copy of landline phone or mobile phone bill.
Note: After checking the documents provided, the Bank is entitled to request further documents, if deemed necessary to complete the process.