The program will be implemented from 10 January 2022 to 16 December 2022. To assist you, we clarify the funding with regard to trademarks:
- Reimbursement of 75% of the costs for trademark fees at EU level:
You can apply for reimbursement of 75% of the EU trademark application fees and additional fees per class. The trademark registration must be made through EUIPO.
- Reimbursement of 75 % of the costs for trademark fees at national level:
You can apply for a refund of 75% of the national trademark application fees and additional fees per class at national level. Registration for such protection must be made directly through the Trademark Division of the Ministry of Development and Investment.
- Reimbursement of 50% of the costs for non-EU trademark fees
You can apply for a refund of 50% of the basic fees for a non-EU designated international trademark application. This excludes the processing fees charged by the office of origin (Trade Mark Directorate). An international trademark application for such protection must be filed through the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and filed with the Trade Marks Division.
The whole process is carried out in Greek, and if your business meets the relevant requirements, approval is obtained to proceed with the trademark filing you are interested in. Once the filing is completed, you submit to EUIPO the documents certifying it so that the above-mentioned amount can be returned to you, if applicable.
In any case, please be aware that the intellectual property screening service with the payment of a fee is not provided by the Trademark Directorate for business trademarks, nor by the Industrial Property Agency for industrial designs, according to the list incorporated in the above-mentioned EUIPO website, and therefore you cannot request it.
Instead, you can apply for funding for a trademark application of EU or national trademark or international trademark with a country of designation outside the EU and funding for filing a Community or national design or international design with a country of designation outside the EU.
Once you have obtained approval of your funding application from EUIPO, you will proceed as follows:
- if the funding is for an EU trademark or Community design filing, you will use the following EUIPO website: https://euipo.europa.eu/ohimportal/en/home
- if the funding is for a national trademark application, you will use the following website of the Ministry of Development & Investment for the online trademark filing: http://www.mindev.gov.gr/emporika-simata/
- if the funding is for an international trademark filing, it must be submitted via the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and filed with the Trademark Directorate of the Ministry of Development and Investment.
- if the funding is for a design filing, you will use the following website of the Industrial Property Organisation (IPO) and obtain information from them: http://www.obi.gr/el/services/online-services/
For clarification of any queries you may have, you may contact you can also use the following website, which contains a list of frequently asked questions: https://euipo.europa.eu/ohimportal/el/help-sme-fund-2022