In line with our commitment to environmentally responsible operations, since 2004 we have developed and implemented an Environmental Management System, in compliance with international standard ISO 14001.
In the context of the Environmental management system, the Bank’s total environmental impact was analysed and led to the formulation of the following 5 key principles for NBG’s Action Programme:
1. Conservation of natural resources and energy.
2. Rationalisation of work-related travel and commuting.
3. Effective management of paper and solid waste.
4. Deployment of environmental standards in procurements.
5. Deployment of an environmental risk assessment policy in investment and credit processes.
Actions: Responsibility to the Environment