i-bank e-commerce is supported by DataCash, a subsidiary company of MasterCard, and offers an integrated system for on-line card payment management, thus providing a highly reliable and competitive solution for your business.
i-bank e-commerce supports payments with Visa, MasterCard, Maestro credit, debit or prepaid cards.
- Hosted Payment Options
This option is suitable primarily for merchants that do not have an integrated payment service infrastructure and provides an integrated management and support system via the Bank's systems.
This solution offers many benefits and options such as:
- The card details are not stored in your company's systems, which facilitates your e-shop's PCI DSS compliance
- Different "Look and Feel" of the payment page, in line with your own design standards and specific needs
- Flexibility regarding the payment page display (pop-up, Redirection or iFrame)
- Supports 3D-Secure transactions: If the card issuer supports the cardholder’s verification, the cardholder will be able to use his Personal Identification Number
- An authorization or a pre-authorization request can be sent
- Support for up to nine dynamic fields, which are set by the merchant
When the customer completes the checkout process and chooses to pay by card, he is redirected to the Bank and then enters the card details:
- On the payment page, the transaction amount and the merchant reference number are already filled in and the cardholder is asked to fill in the card details and submits the payment.
- The payment is carried out absolutely securely via the Bank's system.
- Both the merchant and the customer are immediately informed (online) about the outcome of the transaction.-
- Application Programming Interface (API)
By choosing to connect with the Bank's System via XML web service, the company itself is able to develop the layout of the payment page which is hosted on its website.
This solution is suitable for merchants that have developed infrastructure certified in accordance with the international PCI DSS security standards.
- When the customer completes his order and chooses to pay by card, he will remain on the e-shop's website, where he will be asked to enter the card details (data capture) while completing the payment.
- The merchant sends the card details to the Bank's System, through a secure interface.
- The Bank's System receives the card details and the authorization or pre-authorization request.
- The merchant is immediately informed (online) about the outcome of the transaction.
- The merchant displays the outcome of the transaction to the customer.
Transaction management in real time
The i-bank e-commerce service enables you to monitor and manage the transactions carried out in your company's e-shop in real time through the Merchant Reporting Portal.
The online and real-time updating of the Merchant Reporting Portal regarding the transactions enables you to:
- respond immediately to your customers' queries regarding issues such as the status of the transaction, without the need to contact the Bank
- carry out online refunds (partial or total), cancellations, resubmission of transactions to be authorized and so on, and
- access a host of reports in all the usual and widely used formats for further processing (e.g., xls, CSV, xml files).
The i-bank e-commerce enables you to enjoy additional services which maximize your benefits and ensure secure transactions for your e-shop customers.
- Split Shipments Option
By submitting the initial authorization request , the total transaction amount is transmitted to the Bank's System, with the possibility of partial completion of the transaction, depending on the product availability. In this way, the customer is charged at the time of dispatch, without violating the security of transactions and settlement rules.
- Card Tokenization Option
The Card Tokenization Option allows substitution of the card number, thus dispensing with the need to enter it again in future transactions. Using this feature, the cardholder can revisit your e-shop for purchases, without having to re-type the card details every time.
- Payment in interest-free instalments
Via i-bank e-commerce e-shop customers are able to pay the transaction amount in interest-free, monthly instalments.
This option applies to certain cards issued by Greek banks, while the minimum and maximum transaction amount as well as the number of instalments corresponding to each amount is determined by the merchant , depending on his commercial policy.
- Support for mail and telephone orders (Virtual Terminal MO/TO Transactions)
The NBG Virtual Terminal service supports mail and telephone orders.
This service is addressed to merchants that offer mail and telephone orders as additional sale channels or run an organized call centre.
The transactions are transmitted to the Bank and executed in line with specific rules and security standards, while at the same time the merchant is in compliance with the PCI DSS specifications and requirements.
- Recurring Payments
For merchants whose sales involve periodic charges (for example collection of annual or monthly subscription payments, insurance fees, mobile phone fees and other similar services), recurring payments are supported and carried out with absolute security.
Together with the tokenization option, there is no need for the merchant to retain card details.