- Additional security for money and security transactions (e.g. change of password) via Internet, Mobile and Phone Banking is provided by one-time passwords (OTPs) generated by the i-code
- The i-code is a small, electronic device, available to all users of NBG Internet, Phone and Mobile Banking upon their registration.
- The i-code device ensures that each transaction is indeed being carried out by the holder of that device. Each code is valid for only 32’’ and cannot be used afterwards. Thus, nobody can produce codes and store them for later use. This eliminates the possibility of code interception for use later on (e.g. phishing).
- Upon completion of the transaction, the three-digit confirmation code that appears on the Internet Banking screen should be the same as the three-digit code generated by the i-code device when pressed immediately afterwards. When carrying out Phone Banking, the three-digit code is transmitted either via the automated voice system or via an NBG Agent, depending on the transaction mode that the customer has chosen.
- In addition, these codes are generated on the basis of the 3DES strong encryption algorithm, ensuring a superior security level certified by leading international organizations.