When you use NBG’s i-bank network, we provide you with top-level protection in your banking activity thanks to our cutting-edge transaction security technology:
- Activity and transactions via the i-bank ATM network are monitored on an ongoing basis by our special ATM Fraud Detection System.
- Transactions require the use of a PIN, which is unique, strictly private and not to be disclosed to any third party.
- You can set or change your daily transaction limit using your ETHNOCASH PLUS and ETHNOCASH PLUS BUSINESS card.
- For your own security, if the wrong PIN is entered 5 consecutive times, the card is temporarily blocked.
- If your card is lost or stolen, call our Contact Centre immediately at 181818 from Greece or +30 210 4848484 from abroad, on a 24/7 basis, and your card will be blocked on the spot.
Don’t forget: You, too, are responsible for your transaction security:
- Keep your PIN secret by all means.
- Never keep your card and PIN together.
- Learn your PIN by heart, and never store it in a place where it might be associated with your card.
- Change your PIN frequently.
- Never disclose your PIN to anyone, including persons claiming to be NBG staff. Note that genuine staff of NBG will never ask you for your PIN.
- Keep the number of our Contact Center handy so that you can report any incident concerning your card or transaction (181818 from Greece or +30 210 4848484 from abroad).
In addition, when you use one of our ATMs:
- When you type your PIN, conceal what you are typing with your other hand.
- Never accept assistance from any third party.
- Once you have finished your transaction, check that the card ejected by the machine is in fact yours.
- Make sure the next person queuing to use the ATM after you is at a safe distance.
- If your card is retained by the machine, call our Contact Centre immediately at 181818 from Greece or +30 210 4848484 from abroad to report the incident.