The European Union adopted Directive 2004/39 of the European Parliament and European Council on markets in financial instruments (MiFID). This Directive was incorporated into Greek legislation by virtue of Law 3606/2007 and came in force on 1 November 2007.
On 15 May 2014, the European Union adopted Directive 2014/65 (MiFID II) and Regulation (EU) No 600/2014, which, combined with their delegated acts, are jointly referred to as the "MiFID II framework". The new framework came into effect, for all EU member states, on 3 January 2018 and was incorporated into Greek legislation by virtue of Law 4514/2018.
The implementation of the MiFID II framework aims at:
- ensuring greater transparency
- enhancing investor protection
- creating a level playing field among the financial markets
- facilitating cross-border transactions,
- strengthening competition.
To view related documents online:
- The Pre-Contract Customer Information Form effective under the new framework, regarding provision of investment services as of 3.1.2018, click here
- Τhe sample Basic Contract effective as of 3.1.2018 click here
- Τhe Bank's Best Execution Policy, click here
- The Letter of Categorization of Retail Customers, click here.