Special features of your program
● Contributes to early detection of health risks, plus significant financial benefit with regard to diagnostic tests
● Combines the financial strength of Ethniki Insurance with Affidea’s know-how.
● The program functions seperately and supplementary to any other health insurance program, whether provided by private or public insurance bodies.
● The State Pricing List for Tests (Government Gazette) applies so that the annual indemnity limit of any package can cover a significant number of tests
● Cooperation with 99% of the diagnostic centers all over Greece
● Dial 18189 to make an appointment, ask for information and medical advice
● Free-of-charge diagnostic tests (within the agreed limit) in the event of an emergency throughout the European network of the Affidea Group and out-patient clinics of YGEIA in Albania. Cyprus is excluded, where a 25% discount is offered.
● Discount on Vehicle Insurance offered by Ethniki Insurance.
Appointments for annual check-up/diagnostic tests/medical appointments.
To make an appointment for your annual check-up, diagnostic tests or just to visit a doctor, call 18189.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which pricing list applies to the setting of diagnostic and imaging test prices at diagnostic centers, microbiological laboratories, and private clinics?
The applicable State Pricing List (Government Gazette) is used for the purpose of determining the prices to be indemnified. Tests that are not included in the Government Gazette (State Pricing List), x-rays and ultrasounds are excluded. In such cases, charges are equivalent to 50% of the private treatment price list of the Affidea Group.
When can I start using the program?
You can enjoy the benefits offered by the program starting 30 calendar days after the commencement date of the insurance policy for Diagnostic tests and the check up(*), and after 6 months for prenatal tests (**).
In the event that the program is renewed, the said insurance coverage is provided immediately upon the renewal date of the policy.
(*) The benefit is offered only once (1) annually and on condition that no annual prenatal tests have already been covered. Prenatal tests are carried out all together.
(**) The benefit is offered only once (1) annually, following certified pregnancy and provided that no annual check-up has already been carried out. Prenatal tests are carried out all together.
Do I need to fill out the health questionnaire prior to taking out an insurance policy?
Yes, you need to fill out the health questionnaire.
How can I pay the premium?
The premium is debited every month to the linked deposit account or credit card from the 2nd premium thereafter, as designated on the date you entered the program.
How can I make use of the program?
To use the program, call the Ethniki Insurance contact center at 18189.
Moreover, on a 24/7 basis, you can ask for medical advice, discuss health issues you are concerned about, make appointments with network doctors, and find out about Diagnostic Centers and doctors in your area.
How is the PCR screening for coronavirus carried out?
The PCR screening for coronavirus is carried out by presenting a referral note exclusively by doctors of the Affidea network having the following specialities: pulmonologist, pathologist, cardiologist and ENT.
What is the participation cost for the insuree for PCR screening for coronavirus, and what will the charge on the annual limit of the packages be?
The participation cost for the insuree for PCR screening is €12, and €6 for any medically required re-examination. The maximum covered amount annually is set at €80 and €60, respectively.