For amounts over €10,000 European Savings offers you a bonus, escalating rate, linked to the ECB rate, thereby ensuring you higher returns. Amounts below €10,000 earn interest at the standard savings account rate.
Benefit from the bonus rate while you use your account for any number of transactions via NBG's i-bank services (ATMs, Internet, Phone and Mobile Banking), and up to 6 withdrawals semi-annually via the counters at NBG branches.
- Option to carry out an unlimited number of deposits
- Up to 6 debit transactions (withdrawals, transfers, offsetting entries etc.) every six months at NBG branch counters; if you exceed this number, the interest rate on the account for the specific six-month period is converted to a simple savings account rate
- Unlimited number of debit and credit transactions through NBG's i-bank services (ATMs, Internet, Phone and Mobile Banking), as well as payment of bills and other obligations by standing orders while still enjoying your privileged account rate.
- A privileged, escalating rate linked to the ECB rate, which applies to the aggregate balance of your account, thereby securing you higher returns
- Debit Mastercard gives you instant and easy access to your account at any time enabling you to perform a host of transactions:
- via NBG's i-bank ATM network or the ATM network of other banks displaying the Mastercard logo in Greece and abroad;
- purchases of products and services at all businesses displaying the Mastercard logo in Greece and abroad;
- contactless transactions at businesses equipped with the special readers;
- online shopping at Internet traders displaying the Mastercard logo and traders certified by MasterCard SecureCode;
- collect and redeem points for purchases you carry out under NBG's go4more reward program.
- i-code device provided for banking via NBG's i-bank Internet, Phone and Mobile Banking service
- Cash available whenever you need it
- Automatic payment of DEH, OTE, EYDAP bills and other obligations, as well as credit card, consumer loan and housing loan instalments as per standing order, available free of charge for as long as the account is held
- Fund transfers to other NBG accounts via standing orders, so as to meet various obligations (such as rent, tuition fees, living expenses, instalments against purchases etc.) available free of charge
- Payment of mobile phone bills, insurance premiums etc. or other subscriptions, as per standing order
- Account deposit book and ability to access account information via NBG's i-bank ATM network, Phone and Mobile Banking
- 0.5% refund on purchases you make using your NBG credit card, credited to your card account, provided that you do not have dues in arrears, you have supplied us with an order for payments through your deposit account automatically, and you have not made more than 6 debit transactions semi-annually at our branch counters for two consecutive six-month periods.
Interest Rate – Charges
For information on interest rates and/or charges relating to NBG's deposits, click here.