Students, regardless of age. Specifically:
- Undergraduate and postgraduate students of Greek Universities, Technological Educational Institutions, Open University, and corresponding foreign institutions
- Students of various vocational and other training colleges, private schools, conservatoires etc.
- Primary and secondary school students (jointly with their parents/guardians).
Student Life account offers a number of benefits and facilities, such as:
- Automatic payment, free of charge, of public utility bills (DEH, OTE, EYDAP) and other obligations (such as rent, tuition fees) by debiting your account as per standing order with NBG
- Overdraft facilities (conditional) on privileged terms
- Student loans, on privileged terms
- Option to link the account with credit cards, and consumer and housing loans for automatic payment of your instalments, free of charge
- Supply of chequebook, subject to eligibility criteria
- Account statements sent quarterly to your contact address or your NBG Branch free of charge
- Monthly statement of account:
- via NBG’s i-bank Internet Banking (i-statement): free of charge
- at your local NBG Branch: free of charge
- sent to your contact address: subject to charges
- Regular daily account statement option, at your NBG Branch, subject to charges
- Information on your account, free of charge, 24/7, via:
- NBG's i-bank Internet Banking, for transactions you’ve made in the last three months
- NBG i-bank ATM network (last 7 transactions)
- Fund Transfers to other banks in Greece or abroad free of charge, without commission in favour of NBG, via our i-bank Internet Banking service, or at very low rates through NBG's Branches (for further information on charges, click
Option to participate in the following insurance programmes:
Hospital Care health insurance programme for adults and children at favourable rates:
- Children: €141 annually
- Adults: €157 annually
- Vehicle Insurance Plan: Private Car and Private-use farm truck insurance plans are available with a 10%* discount on comprehensive premiums, for specific types of cover.
*The discount rate for new insurance policies to be put into effect and paid by 29/12/2017 stands at 16%.
The increased discount rate shall apply up to the first annual renewal of the insurance policy, regardless of whether premium payments are annual/ half-yearly/ quarterly. Following the first annual renewal, the discount rate shall switch back to the discount rate applicable prior to the present promotional action, i.e. 10%.
24hour banking service
- Debit Mastercard gives you instant and easy access to your account at any time enabling you to perform a host of transactions:
- via NBG's i-bank ATM network or the ATM network of other banks displaying the Mastercard logo in Greece and abroad;
- purchases of products and services at all businesses displaying the Mastercard logo in Greece and abroad;
- contactless transactions at businesses equipped with the special readers;
- online shopping at Internet traders displaying the Mastercard logo and traders certified by MasterCard SecureCode;
- collect and redeem points for purchases you carry out under NBG's go4more reward program.
- Access to NBG's
i-bank Ιnternet, Phone and Mobile Banking alternative networks.
- Easy, instant and secure account management and transactions via
Mobile Banking, free of charge or at very low rates.
Rates & Charges
For information on interest rates and/or charges relating to NBG's deposits, click