Public or private sector salaried employees or pensioners.
Shall be applicable for as long as your account continues to be credited with payroll or pension funds:
Put a PLUS in the returns on your money
Returns on even the very first Euro deposited, regardless of the account type you may choose, i.e. savings account with passbook or current account. NBG's Salary Plus is an interest-earning account regardless of the account balance.
Put a PLUS in your liquidity
- Overdraft Facilities for current accounts at a privileged rate, up to 5 monthly salaries, subject to a €10,000 cap and 15% discount on the applicable interest rate
- 15% discount on the floating interest rate applicable at any given time on Weight Off Your Shoulders NBG debts (without collateral)
- 15% discount on the floating interest rate applicable at any given time on Reward loan
- discount of one (1) percentage point on the interest rates for purchases and cash withdrawals using go MasterCard, go gold MasterCard, go VISA and free of subscription fee.
Put a PLUS in your housing finance
- 30% discount on the one-off charges for review and approval of loan requests
- Option to take out a non-subsidized housing loan at a favourable interest rate margin.
Put a PLUS in your security and welfare
Option to participate in the following insurance programmes:
- Hospital Care health insurance programme for adults and children at favourable rates:
- Children: €141 for the Basic package and €282 for the Advanced package, annually
- Adults: €157 for the Basic package and €314 for the Advanced package, annually
- Preventive Healthcare For All Primary Healthcare Programme:
- Full programme for adults at the favourable price of €120 per annum
- Programme for children at €57 per annum
- Vehicle Insurance Plan: Private Car and Private-use farm truck insurance plans are available with a 10%* discount on comprehensive premiums, for specific types of cover.
*The discount rate for new insurance policies to be put into effect and paid by 29/12/2017 stands at 16%.
The increased discount rate shall apply up to the first annual renewal of the insurance policy, regardless of whether premium payments are annual/ half-yearly/ quarterly. Following the first annual renewal, the discount rate shall switch back to the discount rate applicable prior to the present promotional action, i.e. 10%.
Put a PLUS in your convenience
- Automatic payment of your public utility bills (DEH, OTE, EYDAP etc.) by debiting your account as per standing order free of charge for as long as your account continues to be credited with payroll or pension funds
- Automatic payment of mobile phone bills, insurance premiums etc. or other subscriptions, as per standing order, available free of charge
- Free transfer of funds to your own or a third party's account held with NBG through standing orders, to meet your regular obligations (e.g. rent, tuition fees)
- Option to link the account with credit cards, and consumer and housing loans for automatic payment of your instalments, free of charge
- Option to carry out transactions in investment products through your account
- Detailed information on transactions:
- for current accounts, account statements are sent quarterly to your contact address or your NBG Branch, free of charge
- for deposit accounts, your deposit book can be updated at any NBG Branch
- For current accounts, you can get a monthly statement of account:
- via NBG’s i-bank Internet Banking (i-statement): free of charge
- at your local NBG Branch: free of charge
- sent to your contact address: subject to charges
- Regular daily account statement option, at your NBG Branch , subject to charges
- Information on your account, free of charge, 24/7, via:
- NBG's i-bank Internet Banking, for transactions you’ve made in the last three months
- NBG i-bank ATM network (last 7 transactions).
Put a PLUS in your 24hour banking service
- Easy and instant access to your account with the ETHNOCASH PLUS debit card for:
- transactions via NBG’s i-bank ATM network or the ATM network of other banks in Greece and overseas
- purchases of products and services at all businesses displaying the MAESTRO logo in Greece and overseas and
- to purchase products via the internet from MasterCard SecureCode certified traders, by means of direct debit to your deposit account
- Access to NBG's i-bank Internet, Phone and Mobile Banking alternative networks.
- Easy, instant and secure account management and transactions via our i-bank Internet, Phone and Mobile Banking services, free of charge or at very low rates.
- Supply of chequebook (available only for current accounts), subject to eligibility criteria.
Put a PLUS in your benefits
The benefits offered by Salary Plus apply to all co-beneficiaries of your account.
The benefits and favourable terms regarding products/services: housing and consumer loans, cards, electricity, phone and water bill payment as per standing order, Hospital Care, Preventive Healthcare For All and Vehicle Insurance programmes and supply of chequebook, are offered to the principal beneficiary, as well as any other co-beneficiary of Salary Plus account for as long as his account continues to be credited with payroll or pension funds.
Rates & Charges
For information on interest rates and/or charges relating to NBG's deposits, click here.