Purchases at retail points
With ETHNOCASH PLUS, you can purchase goods and services at all points of sale displaying the Maestro indication in Greece or abroad, easily, quickly and safely.
To make a purchase, present your ETHNOCASH PLUS to the cashier of the point of sale and enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN) on the POS terminal. The amount of your purchases is withdrawn directly from your main account (or one more linked account, as long as this function is supported by the terminal of the Point of Sale), at no additional cost. The transaction is completed as long as there is sufficient balance in your account.
ETHNOCASH PLUS, due to the new Mastercard® SecureCode™ service, allows you to make purchases of goods and services over the internet with greater security at any participating merchant. More...
Through NBG's extensive i-bank ATM network and the ATM network of other banks in Greece and abroad, ETHNOCASH PLUS allows you to easily, quickly and safely perform a wide range of banking transactions.
So, save time and perform your transactions at:
- NBG's i-bank ATMs
- Cash withdrawals cash from linked deposits accounts, up to the daily cash withdrawal limit,
- Deposit cash and NBG's cheques in an envelope (some off-site ATMs may not be able to offer this service),
- Cash deposit without using an envelope, with real-time credit to your account, at most ATMs of our network,
- Payment of bills or other dues by debiting your ETHNOCASH PLUS card:
- NBG's credit card bills
- fixed and mobile phone bills
- internet and pay-TV bills
- Public Power Company (DEI) and Water Supply and Sewerage Company (EYDAP)
- Ethniki Insurance and National Securities
- Certified Tax Dues
- Donations to Unicef and other organizations
- Transfer money:
- to NBG's accounts, belonging to you or third parties
- via remittances to immigrants countries
- Purchase cell phone credits (WIND and VODAFONE)
- Perform balance enquiries and print account statements (7 most recent transactions)
- Change of Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- The DIAS Interbanking System ATMs:
- Cash withdrawals from your principal account (or one more linked account, as long as this function is supported by the ATM)
- Perform balance enquiries on principal account (or one more linked account, as long as this function is supported by the ATM)
- ATMs abroad displaying the Cirrus or Maestro sign:
- Cash withdrawals from your main account in the local currency, up to the daily cash withdrawal limit
Most of the transactions on i-bank ATM network of the NBG are free of charge. Transactions performed through the ATM network of other Banks in Greece and abroad (DIAS, Cirrus and Maestro) are charged with a commission.
To find out about charges for the transactions available with ETHNOCASH PLUS, click here.
For your own safety, NBG may reduce the ATM cash withdrawal limit during the night (10.00 p.m. – 07.00 a.m.)
You may link to your ETHNOCASH PLUS card up to 16 accounts of the following types either through NBG Branches or through i-bank Internet Banking, as long as you are a registered user :
- Savings accounts in euro
- Current accounts in euro
- NBG's credit card, yours or of others
- National Securities codes, yours or of others
- Immigrants Remittances code