Purchases at retail points
With ETHNOCASH PLUS, you can purchase goods and services at all points of sale displaying the Maestro indication in Greece or abroad, easily, quickly and safely.
To make a purchase, present your ETHNOCASH PLUS to the cashier of the point of sale and enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN) on the POS terminal. The amount of your purchases is withdrawn directly from your main account (or one more linked account, as long as this function is supported by the terminal). The transaction is completed as long as there is sufficient balance in your account.
ETHNOCASH PLUS, due to the new Mastercard® Identity Check™ service, allows you to make online purchases of goods and services at participating merchants at a heightened level of security. For further information click here.
Through NBG's extensive i-bank ATM network and the ATM network of other banks in Greece and abroad, ETHNOCASH PLUS allows you to easily, quickly and safely perform a wide range of banking transactions.
So, save time and perform your transactions at:
- NBG's i-bank ATMs
- Cash withdrawals from linked deposits accounts,
- Cash deposit without using an envelope,
- Payment of bills or other dues by debiting your ETHNOCASH PLUS card:
- NBG's credit card bills
- fixed and mobile phone bills
- internet and pay-TV bills
- Public Power Company (DEI) and Water Supply and Sewerage Company (EYDAP)
- Certified Tax Dues
- Transfer money
- to NBG's accounts, belonging to you or third parties
- via remittances to immigrants countries
- Perform balance inquiry and print account statements (7 recent transactions)
- Change of Personal Identification Number (PIN).
. The DIAS Interbanking System ATMs:
- Cash withdrawals from your principal account (or one more linked account, as long as this function is supported by the ATM)
- Perform balance inquiry on principal account (or one more linked account, as long as this function is supported by the ATM)
- ATMs abroad displaying the Cirrus or Maestro sign:
- Cash withdrawals from your main account in the local currency,
- Change of Personal Identification Number (PIN)
- Perform balance inquiry .
Most of the transactions on i-bank ATM network of the NBG are free of charge. Transactions performed through the ATM network of other Banks in Greece and abroad (DIAS, Cirrus and Maestro) are charged with a commission.
To find out about charges for the transactions available with ETHNOCASH PLUS, click here.
For your own safety, NBG may reduce the ATM cash withdrawal limit during the night (10.00 p.m. – 07.00 a.m.)
You may link to your ETHNOCASH PLUS card up to 16 accounts of the following types either through NBG Branches or through i-bank Internet Banking, as long as you are a registered user :
- Savings accounts in euro
- Current accounts in euro
- NBG's credit card, yours or of others
- Immigrants Remittances code
(*) Subject to the provisions of the current legal framework as regards to restrictions on cash withdrawals and transfer of funds.To get detailed information about the transactions that you carry out click here.