For the legalization of the representatives of Social Cooperative Enterprises (SCEs), the documents hereinbelow are required:
1. An official copy of the SCE’s Articles of Association (deed of incorporation and/or any amendments thereto) bearing the special labelling and seal by the Social and Solidarity-based Economy Register of the Ministry of Labor, Social Insurance & Social Solidarity (YPEKAA).
2. A certificate of registration from the said Register.
3. A certificate recently issued by the Social and Solidarity-based Economy Register regarding amendments made to the SCE's Articles of Association and the members of the Management Committee/administrator.
4. The minutes of the General Meeting (noting the quorum i.e. with reference to the number and names of the Directors present and of the Directors absent, though invited to the Meeting) regarding the appointment of the members of the Management Committee/administrator.
5. The minutes of the Management Committee regarding its constitution into a body, assignation of offices/posts, and provision of powers and authorities to open an account and conduct transactions (with reference to the number and names of the Directors present and of the Directors absent, though invited to the Meeting).
6. A certificate confirming that the new Management Committee/administrator has been entered in the said Register.
7. A certificate by the Secretariat of the competent Court of First Instance confirming that the General Meeting decision for the appointment of members of the Management Committee/administrator has not been challenged (issued after the lapse of thirty days from the entry of the said General Meeting decision with the Register).
In the meantime until such certificate listed under 7 hereinabove is issued, a statement by the Chair of the Management Committee/administrator confirming that the General Meeting decision regarding the appointment its members has not been challenged.
If Legal Entities of Public Law or Legal Entities of Private law under the supervision of state agency participate as members in the SCE, the relevant approval of the public body supervising them is required.
- The documents listed under 4 & 5 hereinabove should be authenticated by the SCE’s competent bodies, as per its Articles of Association.
- When companies or other legal entities are involved as members of the SCE, legalization documents of their representatives should be submitted, along with a decision by their competent body regarding their participation in the specific SCE and the appointment of a representative for signing its Articles of Association or the relevant amendments thereof. Also, an official copy of the Articles of Association of the company or other legal entity participating should be supplied, so that it can be verified that its Articles of Association allow for its participation in the SCE.
In the event that legal entities (domestic or foreign) participate as members in the SCE, the legalization documents of their representatives are required, as well as a document evidencing the group structure (in the event that the company belongs to a group of companies), and a recent declaration of the SCE's legal representative stating the individual(s) that is/are beneficial owner(s) of the cooperative’s shares, i.e. the individual(s) that actually own the enterprise or control it by possessing or controlling, directly or indirectly, a substantial percentage of the cooperative’s shares or voting rights or other ownership rights, including, inter alia, through non-registered shares or control through other means.
Note: As regards foreign legal entities, the documents provided should include the trade name of the foreign legal entity and the details of the individuals/beneficial owners in Latin characters.
As regards individuals who are involved with the company and act as (a) legal representatives, (b) members (c) beneficial owners, the following documents are further required to certify and verify their identity:
1. Copy of Greek or another EU National ID card or valid passport and
2. Original or copy of a utility bill to verify the home address.
In addition, the legal representative should further provide:
1. A document issued through TaxisNet to certify a tax ID number in Greece or document evidencing country of taxation issued by the competent local tax authority, if a TIN in Greece is not available.
2. Copy of landline phone or mobile phone bill.
Note: After checking the documents provided, the Bank is entitled to request further documents, if deemed necessary to complete the process.