For the legalization of the representatives of a Limited Liability Company, the documents hereinbelow are required:
1. An official copy of the original deed of incorporation, or the codified text thereof (in case of amendments) bearing the registration seal with GEMI or the competent Court of First Instance or digitally signed, as well as the Government Gazette in which a summary thereof is published, or the relevant
2. Certificate of incorporation issued by the One-Stop Shop and/or the relevant announcement thereof with GEMI.
A recent General GEMI Certificate regarding any amendments to the company's Articles of Association.
3. A recent GEMI Certificate regarding the company's representation.
1. Single-member limited liability companies are required to provide the sole partner's solemn declaration confirming non-participation in any other single-member limited liability company.
2. In the event of a partner’s death, provided that the company’s articles do not require dissolution of the company because of the death of a partner, the heirs' legalization documents along with the company's incorporation deed and the respective announcement of filing (thereof) with GEMI, stipulating the company’s continuation with the participation of the deceased partner's heirs should be provided.
3. In the event that on execution of the incorporation deed a partner is represented by a proxy, a certified copy of the said proxy should be provided.
When a legal entity (domestic or foreign) is involved as partner, legalization documents of its representatives and minutes of its competent body on the participation in the specific company and the appointment of a representative for signing the company's articles of association should be submitted.
A recent document evidencing the group structure should be provided in the event that the company belongs to a group of companies.
Note: The limited liability company was established for a fixed-term time period.
In the case of limited liability companies whose shareholder is a legal entity, it is necessary to supply also a recent declaration of the company's legal representative stating the individual(s) that is/are beneficial owner(s) of the company shares, i.e. the individual(s) that actually own the company or control it by possessing or controlling, directly or indirectly, a sufficient percentage of company shares or voting rights or other ownership rights, including, inter alia, through non-registered shares or control through other means.
In addition, in the event that the legal entity/partner is a listed company, it is necessary to supply a recent declaration stating the relation between the companies and the Stock Exchange where such stocks are traded.
Note: An individual holding more than 25% of the company’s share capital or ownership rights is considered to have direct control of the company.
A company holding more than 25% of the company’s share capital or ownership rights is considered to have indirect control of the company if the former is controlled by an individual or individuals or more companies controlled by the same individual(s).
Note: As regards foreign legal entities, the documents provided should include the trade name of the foreign legal entity and the details of the individuals/beneficial owners in Latin characters.
As regards individuals who are involved with the company and act as (a) legal representatives, (b) principal partners, (c) other partners holding 25% or more, and (d) beneficial owners, the following documents are further required to certify and verify their identity:
1. Copy of Greek or another EU National ID card or valid passport and
2. Original or copy of a utility bill to verify the home address.
In addition, the legal representative should further provide:
1. A document issued through TaxisNet to certify a tax ID number in Greece or document evidencing country of taxation issued by the competent local tax authority, if a TIN in Greece is not available.
2. Copy of landline phone or mobile phone bill.
Note: After checking the documents provided, the Bank is entitled to request further documents, if deemed necessary to complete the process.