The documents hereinbelow should be provided in the form of official copies legalised in accordance with the provisions of the Hague Convention (Apostille) and officially translated into Greek:
1. Company's Articles of Association drafted by a notary public and any amendments thereto.
2. Official publication of the Commercial Registry in which the Contract of Establishment and any amendments thereto were published.
3. Excerpt from the Commercial Registry of the territory where the company is headquartered, with a summary of its articles of association and its amendments, indicating the current incumbency status.
4. Recent Resolution of the Board of Directors/Managers/Administrator or Power of Attorney addressed to the legal representative in Greece authorizing bank account opening and banking transactions, otherwise, Resolution of the Board of Directors/Managers/Administrator or Power of Attorney addressed to the legal representative in Greece authorizing bank account opening and banking transactions accompanied by a declaration that it remains in force.
A recent document evidencing the group structure should be provided in the event that the company belongs to a group of companies.
When legal entities are involved as shareholders, a recently issued certificate of the competent Companies’ Registry or the true beneficiaries in the company’s country of establishment regarding the shareholder structure of the company/shareholder (Certificate of shareholders) should be submitted.
Note that any foreign company operating or establishing a BRANCH in Greece is further required to provide:
1. The Government Gazette issue or the Announcement of entry in the General Commercial Register (GEMI) where its permit/approval of business establishment in Greece is published.
2. The Government Gazette issue or the Announcement of entry in the General Commercial Register (GEMI) where the legal representation of the branch is published.
In addition, it is necessary to supply a recent declaration of the company's legal representative stating the individual(s) that is/are beneficial owner(s) of the company shares, i.e. the individual(s) that actually own the company or control it by possessing or controlling, directly or indirectly, a sufficient percentage of company shares or voting rights or other ownership rights, including, inter alia, through non-registered shares or control through other means.
In addition, in the event that the Company or its ultimate shareholder/ partner is a listed company, it is necessary to supply a recent declaration stating the relation between the companies and the Stock Exchange where such stocks are traded.
Note: An individual holding more than 25% of the company’s share capital or ownership rights is considered to have direct control of the company.
A company holding more than 25% of the company’s share capital or ownership rights is considered to have indirect control of the company if the former is controlled by an individual or individuals or more companies controlled by the same individual(s).
Note: As regards foreign legal entities, the documents provided should include the trade name of the foreign legal entity and the details of the individuals/beneficial owners in Latin characters.
As regards individuals who are involved with the company and act as (a) legal representatives, (b) principal shareholders, (c) other shareholders holding 25% or more, and (d) beneficial owners, the following documents are further required to certify and verify their identity:
1. Copy of Greek or another EU National ID card or valid passport and
2. Original or copy of a utility bill to verify the home address.
In addition, the legal representative should further provide:
1. A document issued through TaxisNet to certify a tax ID number in Greece or document evidencing country of taxation issued by the competent local tax authority, if a TIN in Greece is not available.
2. Copy of landline phone or mobile phone bill.
Note: After checking the documents provided, the Bank is entitled to request further documents, if deemed necessary to complete the process.