For the legalization of the representatives of civil law partnerships, the documents hereinbelow are required:
1. An official copy of the published original deed of incorporation and of the published amendments thereof (if such amendments exist) or of the codified text thereof bearing the registration seal with GEMI, as well as a certificate of registration of the company with GEMI, with their number and date of filing with GEMI. In the event of exit of a partner or entry of a new partner in the company, an official copy of the relevant private agreement of amendment, signed by all partners including those departing or entering the company bearing the registration seal with GEMI must be supplied.
2. A certificate regarding amendments filed with GEMI. The submission of this certificate is necessary if the Articles of Association allow for automatic extension of the term of the company following its termination or in the event that three years have passed since the previous such certificate was submitted to the local Branch of the Bank.
If the company was established prior to the implementation of Law 4072/2012, the published original deed of incorporation and the amendments thereof as well as a certificate issued by the Court of First Instance regarding the original Articles of Association and the amendments thereof should be provided.
3. If the Articles of Association provide for a Board of Directors, the following are also required:
- A true copy or a true excerpt of the minutes of the Meeting of Shareholders regarding the election of the members of the company's Board of Directors, duly signed by the relevant officers (which shall include the names of the Directors present and of the Directors absent, though invited).
- The minutes of the Board of Directors' Meeting duly signed by the relevant officers as per the company's Articles of Association, regarding the Board's constitution into a body and the designation of the persons authorized to bind the company on the basis of their signature (unless the representation of the company is set out by the Articles of Association, in which case the submission of special minutes designating the person who will bind the company is not required).
4. In the event that on execution of the incorporation deed a partner is represented by a proxy, a certified copy of the said proxy should be provided.
5. When legal entities (companies etc.) are involved as partners, duly certified copies of all legalization documents of their representatives should be submitted, along with a true excerpt or a true copy of the minutes of their competent body regarding their participation in the specific company and the appointment of a representative for signing the company's Articles of Association or the relevant amendments thereof (which shall include the names of the Directors present and of the Directors absent, though invited), duly signed by the appropriate officers, as per the company's Articles of Association. Also, a certified copy of the Articles of Association of the legal entity participating should be supplied, so that it can be verified that its Articles of Association allow for its participation in the company.
A document evidencing the group structure should be provided in the event that the company belongs to a group of companies.
In the case of companies, whose partner is a legal entity, it is necessary to supply also a recent declaration of the company's legal representative stating the individual(s) that is/are beneficial owner(s) of the company shares, i.e. the individual(s) that actually own the company or control it by possessing or controlling, directly or indirectly, a sufficient percentage of company shares or voting rights or other ownership rights, including, inter alia, through non-registered shares or control through other means.
In addition, in the event that the legal entity/partner is a listed company, it is necessary to supply a recent declaration stating the relation between the companies and the Stock Exchange where such stocks are traded.
Note: An individual holding more than 25% of the company’s share capital or ownership rights is considered to have direct control of the company.
A company holding more than 25% of the company’s share capital or ownership rights is considered to have indirect control of the company if the former is controlled by an individual or individuals or more companies controlled by the same individual(s).
Note: As regards foreign legal entities, the documents provided should include the trade name of the foreign legal entity and the details of the individuals/beneficial owners in Latin characters.
As regards individuals who are involved with the company and act as (a) legal representatives, (b) principal partners, (c) other partners holding 25% or more, and (d) beneficial owners, the following documents are further required to certify and verify their identity:
1. Copy of Greek or another EU National ID card or valid passport and
2. Original or copy of a utility bill to verify the home address.
In addition, the legal representative should further provide:
1. A document issued through TaxisNet to certify a tax ID number in Greece or document evidencing country of taxation issued by the competent local tax authority, if a TIN in Greece is not available.
2. Copy of landline phone or mobile phone bill.
Note: After checking the documents provided, the Bank is entitled to request further documents, if deemed necessary to complete the process.