NBG's special 18-month Capital Plus ascending Time Deposit offers 100% capital guarantee throughout its term, interest posted each month and an interest rate that increases every 3 months.
Terms and Conditions
Ascending Capital Plus is offered to:
- Legal entities
Minimum initial deposit
The minimum amount for opening the time deposit is €20,000.
The product is available on a daily basis. Each time it is issued, a specific subscription period is set and at the close of this period the product commences.
To get information about the interest rate of ascending Capital Plus time deposit, please visit any of our Branches.
Ascending Capital Plus is a special 18-month time deposit in Euro that combines security with high returns, offering:
- a competitive interest rate that increases every 3 months;
- posting of interest every month;
- automatic transfer of interest (also at the end of the term of the principal) in a linked demand deposit account of your choice (savings, current or sight), without you needing to come to the Branch;
- option to pledge the deposit in order to take out a loan or take part in a Public Offering;
- zero handling fees;
- service at any of the Branches in Greece.
On each payment date of the monthly interest you can withdraw from the product, free of charge. If you close the product on another date, you collect at least 100% of the principal while keeping any amounts already collected through the monthly interest payments.
You can partly withdraw from the product provided the remaining principal is at least equal to the minimum deposit amount, i.e. €20,000. If the remaining amount is less than €20,000, the product must be fully closed.
The product is subject to the effective tax regime for deposits in euro.
You will need to produce the following basic documentation:
- identity card or valid passport, for individuals; or
- the respective legal documents for legal entities.
For more information, stop by one of our Branches today or call 181818 from a landline or mobile phone if you're in Greece, or +30 210 48 48 484 if you're outside Greece.
Please inform us immediately of any change in your personal particulars (home address, contact information etc.) simply by visiting an NBG Branch. Find out about the required ID verification documents at Have you introduced yourself? If not …do it now.