Get informed about the advantages of opening a Farmers Plus privileged account and secure the following options for yourself:
A deposit account with a host of benefits to gain more:
- Collection of agricultural subsidies via the account
- Collection of the AIO pension
- Returns on even the very first Euro deposited
- Higher interest rate than on ordinary current and savings accounts
- Free transfer of funds from your account to another NBG account through a standing order.
Note: The benefits regarding the credit cards are valid for the beneficiary farmer.
- Option to take out a non-subsidized housing loan at a favourable interest rate margin
- 30% discount on the one-off charges for review and approval of loan requests.
Insurance products offering yet greater coverage and security :
Option to participate in the following insurance programmes:
- Hospital Care health insurance programme for adults and children at favourable rates:
- Children: €141 for the Basic package and €282 for the Advanced package, annually
- Adults: €157 for the Basic package and €314 for the Advanced package, annually
- Preventive Healthcare For All Primary Healthcare Programme:
- Full programme for adults at the favourable price of €120 per annum
- Programme for children at €57 per annum
- Vehicle Insurance Plan: Private Car and Private-use farm truck insurance plans are available with a 10%* discount on comprehensive premiums, for specific types of cover.
*The discount rate for new insurance policies to be put into effect and paid by 29/12/2017 stands at 16%.
The increased discount rate shall apply up to the first annual renewal of the insurance policy, regardless of whether premium payments are annual/ half-yearly/ quarterly. Following the first annual renewal, the discount rate shall switch back to the discount rate applicable prior to the present promotional action, i.e. 10%.
State-of-the-art banking services with multiple benefits:
- Option to credit financial aid received from OPEKEPE/Y.A.A.T.
- Automatic payment, free of charge, of your bills (DEH, OTE, EYDAP) by debiting your account as per standing order for as long as the account is held
- Payment of mobile phone bills, insurance premiums etc. or other subscriptions, as per standing order
- Free transfer of funds to your own or a third party's account held with NBG through standing orders, to meet your regular obligations (e.g. rent, tuition fees)
- Detailed information on transactions:
- account statements are sent quarterly to your contact address or your NBG Branch, free of charge
- you can get a monthly statement of account:
- via NBG’s i-bank Internet Banking (i-statement): free of charge
- at your local NBG Branch: free of charge
- sent to your contact address: subject to charges
- Regular daily account statement option, at your NBG Branch, subject to charges
- Information on your account, free of charge, 24/7, via:
- NBG's i-bank Internet Banking, for transactions you’ve made in the last three months
- NBG i-bank ATM network (last 7 transactions)
- Option to link the account with credit cards, and consumer and housing loans for automatic payment of your instalments, free of charge
- Option to carry out transactions in investment products through your account.
Put a PLUS in your 24hour banking service
- Easy and instant access to your account with the Debit Mastercard card for:
- transactions via NBG’s i-bank ATM network or the ATM network of other banks in Greece and overseas
- purchases of products and services at all businesses displaying the MAESTRO logo in Greece and overseas and
- to purchase products via the internet from MasterCard SecureCode certified traders, by means of direct debit to your deposit account
- Access to NBG's i-bank Internet, Phone and Mobile Banking alternative networks.
- Easy, instant and secure account management and transactions via our i-bank Internet, Phone and Mobile Banking services, free of charge or at very low rates.
The benefits - favourable terms regarding products/services: electricity, phone and water bill payment as per standing order, Hospital Care, Preventive Healthcare For All and Vehicle Insurance programmes and supply of chequebook, are offered to the principal beneficiary, as well as any other co-beneficiary of Farmers Plus account.
Rates & Charges
For information on interest rates and/or charges relating to NBG's deposits, click here.