ETHNOCASH PLUS, National Bank's debit card, makes your everyday purchases and banking transactions easy, fast and safe! In particular:
- Payment of goods and services at all points of sale displaying the Maestro indication in Greece or abroad,
- Cash withdrawal at all National Bank i-bank ATM network as well as at all DIAS, Maestro or Cirrus ATM in Greece or abroad,
- Additional transactions available at the i-bank ATM network of the National Bank, such as cash deposit, bill payment, purchase of mobile phone credit etc,
- Purchases over internet through the MasterCard® SecureCode™ service at any participating merchant.
Get your own ETHNOCASH PLUS today and make safe purchases and ATM transactions in Greece and abroad, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
For further information, click on Details.
Purchases at retail points
With ETHNOCASH PLUS, you can purchase goods and services at all points of sale displaying the Maestro indication in Greece or abroad, easily, quickly and safely.
To make a purchase, present your ETHNOCASH PLUS to the cashier of the point of sale and enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN) on the POS terminal. The amount of your purchases is withdrawn directly from your main account (or one more linked account, as long as this function is supported by the terminal of the Point of Sale). The transaction is completed as long as there is sufficient balance in your account.
ETHNOCASH PLUS, due to the new MasterCard® SecureCode™ service, allows you to make purchases of goods and services over the internet with greater security at any participating merchant. More...
Through National Bank’s extensive i-bank ATM network and the ATM network of other banks in Greece and abroad, ETHNOCASH PLUS allows you to easily, quickly and safely perform a wide range of banking transactions.
So, save time and perform your transactions at:
- The i-bank ΑΤΜ network of National Bank
- Withdraw cash from linked deposits or current accounts, up to the daily cash withdrawal limit.
- Deposit cash and National Bank's cheques in an envelope (this service is not available at some ATMs located in the branches’ exterior),
- Deposit cash without using an envelope, with real-time credit to your account, at most ATMs of our network,
- Pay your bills or other obligations through the accounts linked with your ETHNOCASH PLUS card:
- National Bank's credit cards
- fixed and mobile phone bills
- internet and pay-TV bills
- Public Power Company (DEI) and Water Supply and Sewerage Company (EYDAP)
- Ethniki Insurance and National Securities
- V.A.T., Single Property Tax, Penalty Arrangements for Unauthorized Buildings and Constructions, National Cadastre
- Donations to Unicef and other organizations
- Transfer money:
- to National Bank accounts, belonging to you or third parties
- to other countries, via wire transfer
- Purchase mobile phone credit (WIND and VODAFONE)
- Perform balance enquiries and print account statements (7 most recent transactions)
- Personal Identification Number (PIN) change
- ETHNOCASH PLUS card activation
- The DIAS Interbanking System ATMs:
- Withdraw cash from your main account (or one more linked account, as long as this function is supported by the ATM)
- Perform balance enquiries on main account (or one more linked account, as long as this function is supported by the ATM)
- ATMs abroad displaying the Cirrus or Maestro sign:
- Withdraw cash from your main account in the local currency, up to the daily cash withdrawal limit
You will find a complete list of the transactions you can perform with the ETHNOCASH PLUS at the National Bank’s i-bank ΑΤΜ network.
Most of the transactions on i-bank ATM network of the National Bank are free of charge. Transactions performed through the ATM network of other Banks in Greece and abroad (DIAS, Cirrus and Maestro) are charged with a commission.
To find out about charges for the transactions available with ETHNOCASH PLUS, click here.
The daily transaction limits for ETHNOCASH PLUS are:
- €1.200 for cash withdrawals at the i-bank ATM network of National Bank
- €600 for cash withdrawals at the ATMs of other Banks in Greece
- €1.200 for cash withdrawals at ATMs abroad displaying the Cirrus or Maestro sign (or the equivalent in the local currency)
- €1.500 for purchases at Maestro points of sale in Greece and abroad or over the internet (at participating merchants).
- For payments at the i-bank ATM network of National Bank:
- Public Power Company (DEI): €2.500 per transaction.
- V.A.T., Single Property Tax (ETAK), Penalty Arrangements for Unauthorized Buildings and Constructions (EPDRX), Income Tax: there is no daily maximum limit.
To enjoy the convenience and safety of ETHNOCASH PLUS according to your own needs, you may modify the daily limits of your card. The limits may range for cash withdrawals and payments through ATMs between €20 and €10.000 and for purchases between €0 and €10.000.
For your own safety, National Bank may reduce the ATM cash withdrawal limit during the night (10.00 p.m. – 07.00 a.m.)
You may link to your ETHNOCASH PLUS card up to 16 accounts of the following types:
- Savings accounts in euro
- Current accounts in euro
- NBG's credit card, yours or of others
- National Securities codes, yours or of others
- Immigrants Remittances code
To apply for the ETHNOCASH PLUS, you simply need an account in euro, to which your card will be linked.
If you already have an account with National Bank:
- visit your local NBG Branch,
- fill out and sign the respective documents (application and contract), while attaching a copy of your personal ID card or your passport.
Within a few days, you will receive your card per post to the contact address you have indicated. Consequently, you will need to contact the Branch, which you declared at the application, in order to pick up your PIN code.
We would like to inform you that the new debit card ETHNOCASH PLUS has replaced the ETHNOcash card, thus ensuring even more speed, flexibility and safety for your transactions all over the world. If you have not yet received your ETHNOCASH PLUS, call us at 181818 or visit any of our Branches in order to request your new card.
National Bank provides maximum security for your transactions with ETHNOCASH PLUS. However, the safety of your transactions depends on you as well. This is why you should remember that:
- your Personal Identification Number (PIN) is equal to your signature, thus:
- it is unique and strictly personal
- it should not be disclosed to third parties, nor to the Bank,
- it should not be kept in the same place as the card,
- it should best be changed often,
- you should the ATMs numeric pad when entering it,
- you should not let any third parties help you enter your PIN,
- you should make sure that the next customer is at a safe distance from you
- The Unique Personal Password also ensures your transactions on the internet and should:
- not be kept together with the card,
- not be stored in electronic or other form,
- be entered only through secure workstations (PC, Laptop, i-phones),
- be ensured that none is watching you when you enter it.
If you need more information or any clarifications, you may call the Customer Support Center of the National Bank at 181818 from anywhere in Greece, or at +30 210 48 48 484 from abroad. Say “Agent” to talk with one of our Agents.
Card or PIN loss
Call us 24 hours a day at 181818 from anywhere in Greece or at +30 210 4848484 from abroad. Say “Loss” if you have lost your card or “Agent” if you have forgotten your PIN code.
Change of personal details
Please inform us about any changes to your personal details (address, contact details etc.) by visiting one of the National Bank Branches.
Learn about any documents you will need to produce, in order to verify your new personal details, by visiting any of the National Bank Branches or by Phone Banking service, at 181818, from a fixed or mobile phone in Greece, or at +30 210 48 48 484 from abroad.